Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Skeleton me: It's about to get hot, take solace in September

I know I said I like to try and stay present, zen-like, about fashion. It's almost summer, let's stay in the moment. Let's be here now. Let's dream of what we'll wear when we seep out in the wicked humidity to grab an italian ice, rather than pine for next season's lovables. But then I saw Burberry Prorsum's fall 2009 line and decided I could skip right over all of that.
As far as I can tell this autumn is going to be a total hunk. Prince-charming style. Burberry has got the white floaty dresses like our dear Isabel Marant, but paired with grey tights, clunky boots, and chunky knit scarves that keep warm what the lightweight frocks cannot. Oh fall, when I'm not frozen into a wardrobe-rut or baking into a melted mess, how I love thee. As much as I enjoy the haze of summer, I thrive in the crispness of the later parts of the year. Throwing on extra layers and getting that "all tucked in" feeling just does it for the northern Californian in me. (Sigh)
But back to today, back to Brooklyn: If you're looking for summer shoes, Marais USA (see below) has got some adorable suede and/or patent flats, sandals and heels in poppy summer colors. Though I'm a fall girl through and through, I just ordered myself a pair in an attempt to keep my feet on the ground. Seasonally, anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment